For coffee lovers who also have a sweet tooth, there's nothing better than a delicious and creamy cold brew that satisfies both cravings at once. And what better way to enhance that flavor than by adding some rich and velvety chocolate to the mix? In this article, we'll be sharing with you our favorite recipe for the best chocolate cream cold brew, complete with step-by-step instructions, tips for getting the perfect consistency, and suggestions for customizing your drink to your liking.
- 1 cup coarsely ground coffee beans
- 4 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Ice cubes
Start by preparing the coffee concentrate. In a large jar or container, mix together the coarsely ground coffee and cold water. Stir to ensure that all of the coffee grounds are wet, then cover the jar and refrigerate for at least 12 hours, or overnight.
Once the coffee has steeped, it's time to strain out the grounds. Set a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl, and pour the coffee concentrate through it. Use a spoon or spatula to press down on the grounds to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the grounds, and transfer the coffee concentrate to a clean jar or container.
Now it's time to make the chocolate cream mixture. In a medium bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, whole milk, chocolate syrup, unsweetened cocoa powder, and granulated sugar until well combined and smooth.
To assemble the chocolate cream cold brew, fill a glass with ice cubes. Add 1/2 cup of the coffee concentrate, then pour the chocolate cream mixture over the top. Stir gently to combine. If desired, garnish with a drizzle of chocolate syrup or whipped cream.
- For the best flavor, use high-quality coffee beans that are freshly roasted.
- If you prefer a stronger or weaker coffee flavor, adjust the ratio of coffee to water accordingly.
- For a thicker, more indulgent drink, use half and half or heavy cream instead of whole milk.
- To make a dairy-free or vegan version, substitute coconut cream or almond milk for the dairy products.
- If you don't have a fine mesh strainer, you can use a cheesecloth or coffee filter instead.
- Add a splash of vanilla extract or almond extract to the chocolate cream mixture for extra flavor.
- Try using different types of chocolate syrup, such as dark chocolate or white chocolate, for a unique twist.
- Top the drink with a sprinkle of cinnamon or cocoa powder for added warmth and complexity.
- Experiment with different types of sweeteners, such as honey or agave nectar, to find the perfect balance of sweetness.
- For a boozy version, add a shot of your favorite liqueur, such as Baileys Irish Cream or Kahlua.
With this recipe, you'll have a decadent and refreshing drink that combines the bold flavor of coffee with the rich, chocolatey goodness of cream. Whether you enjoy it as a pick-me-up in the morning, an afternoon treat, or an after-dinner indulgence, the best chocolate cream cold brew is sure to become a new favorite in your beverage repertoire. So grab your ingredients, get mixing, and savor every sip!